The May 2015 edition of #wildartcolumbus is curated with help from September 2014 participant Heather Lynn Kyle.
CCAD Fine Arts professtor Tim Rietenbach will be our Special Guest Curator for the May 2015 edition of #wildartcolumbus. He teaches advanced sculpture and has received several individual artist grants from the Ohio Arts Council and Greater Columbus Arts Council (GCAC) as well as the COSI Public Arts Project Grant from the GCAC to install Gigantic, a 100-foot sculpture of a human skeleton in the Columbus science museum. He also has received the Dresden/Saxony Residency from the GCAC and support from the National Endowment for the Arts. In addition to teaching, Rietenbach serves as director of student exhibitions and faculty council president at CCAD.
A few changes to the system.
- Sponsors will receive one Instagram post and one Facebook post per day.
- All art will be posted on Instagram and Facebook. (But not Twitter.)
- Artists will produce a minimum of 5 pieces (and maximum of 10) to take part. At least 3 of the 5 pieces should be works not yet exhibited.
- 90% of the artists for the May #wildartcolumbus will be new to the program. Past participants will have an opportunity to post again in the fall of 2015.
- Artists who are interested in taking part should email firstname.lastname@example.org.